Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Old Friends

This weekend we decorated our house for Christmas. Bringing the boxes out of the attic, digging through and deciding who comes out and who stays put - it's a lot like visiting old friends.

I thought you might to meet some of my old friends and learn a little about them.


This is Angie the Christmas Tree Angel. I was in third grade, shopping at Jaqueth's Hardware in my hometown, Libby, Montana. There was this most beautiful to my 8 year old eyes creation. Mom hesitated to purchase her, and during the hesitation I overheard a man complaining to his wife about Christmas ornaments made by those d**n J*ps. I had no idea who they were, or why he was swearing about them. Mom explained (quickly and quietly) that the man had probably fought in "The War" and it is hard for some people to forgive.


I'll never forget that day, the anger in that man's voice or the sadness in my mother's eyes. I'll never have a Christmas without Angie who tempered it all thanks to my dear mom and my third grade teacher Miss Lois Wilson who taught me her song.


The Santa Fam - One of our newest old friends. My pic doesn't show it, but Mrs. Santa is wrapping packages with two little kid elves. Our grandson Zachery was yet to be born, but his mama made sure he was helping me and represented on our tree last year. Mr. Santa is was having a truly tool birthday / Christmas and that's well represented on our tree, too. Happy happy times!

No comments: